Our firm handles all types of immigration cases including family-based immigration, employment-based immigration, deferred action (the Dream Act), non-immigrant visas, adjustment of status, hardship waivers, immigration court bonds/hearings, etc.

Family-Based Immigration

We help individuals apply for family members that want to immigrate to the United States. We assist people in navigating the complicated and difficult world of immigration forms and letters. In order to immigrate to the United States, you need to apply for permanent residence (a “green card”). Additionally, once you gain permanent residency, we encourage you to apply for Naturalization in order to become a citizen.

Employment-Based Immigration

We help individuals and employers apply for visas for temporary or permanent work, and we assist employers in meeting their industrial objectives. If your business or the company with which you are employed are interested in applying for employment-based visas, please contact our office today to schedule a consultation in order to discuss the available possibilities.

Deferred Action (The Dream Act)

Deferred Action is a discretionary determination by the federal government to postpone deportation proceedings against an individual. Deferred Action does not give permanent legal status, and does not provide a way to apply for permanent residence (“green card”) or citizenship. However, Deferred Action does allow eligible individuals to apply for employment authorization at the time you apply for Deferred Action.

Qualified individuals may request consideration of deferred action for two years and are required renew their deferred status 90 days prior to the expiration of the two years.

To be qualified for deferred action, you need to meet the following requirements:

  • Were born after June 15, 1981;
  • Were present in the U.S. before your 16th birthday;
  • Have resided continuously in the United States since June 15, 2007 to date;
  • Were present in the United States on June 15, 2012;
  • Entered without INSPECTION prior to June 15, 2012, or legal status has expired before June 15, 2012;
  • Currently enrolled in school, graduated, or received a high school diploma or equivalent (GED), or have been honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or U.S. Armed Forces;
  • Have not been convicted of a felony or significant misdemeanor (a DWI is a significant misdemeanor).

If you are considering applying for Deferred Action, you should consult an attorney in order ensure that you qualify, and in order to assist you with the process. The Guerrero Law Offices can assist you in determining eligibility, and if you are eligible, we will file your application. If you think you may be eligible please call us today.

Other Immigration Issues

Additionally, our firm can assist with other types of immigration issues. For example, we can help with the following:

  • Non-immigrants visas,
  • Applications for hardship waiver,
  • Immigration court bond requests, and
  • Immigration court hearings.

Please do not postpone. Call for help today.