The Guerrero Law Office provides the following links for the benefit of individuals and families in North Central Texas who are seeking information about the law regarding automobile and trucking accidents, workplace injuries, and other forms of negligence or wrongful conduct leading to personal injury or wrongful death. If you have a specific question or need immediate legal assistance in a personal injury or wrongful death matter, please contact the Guerrero Law Office to speak with an experienced and capable attorney.
General Legal, Government, and Court Resources
- Texas Court System
- Texas Supreme Court
- Texas State Government
- Texas Legislature
- Texas Insurance Code
- Texas Wrongful Death Statute
Personal Injury Resources
- Texas Department of Public Safety manages the state’s vehicle inspection system and also maintains driver’s licenses and driving records.
- Texas Department of Transportation maintains the state’s transportation infrastructure, including roads and highways. Find safety tips for motorcycle and bicycle safety here too.
- Texas Department of Motor Vehicles is responsible for vehicle registration and titling, issuing motor carrier operating authority, and motor carrier enforcement.
- Texas Transit Association is composed of metropolitan transit authorities, small urban transit districts and rural transit districts in the State of Texas, and private and public entities from across the nation, organized to promote all modes of public transportation.
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) is responsible for regulating the insurance industry while protecting the people and businesses that are served by insurance. TDI may assist in resolving complaints and enforce insurance laws. TDI also regulates and administers the state’s workers’ compensation system and works to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation is the umbrella licensing agency of the State of Texas, responsible for the regulation of 29 occupations and industries.
- The mission of the U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT) is to serve the United States by ensuring a fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system. US DOT also attempts to raise public awareness about distracted driving through the website www.distraction.gov
- An arm of US DOT, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) exists to prevent commercial motor vehicle-related fatalities and injuries by enforcing safety regulations and other activities.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration was created by Congress in 1970 to ensure safe and healthful working conditions by setting and enforcing standards and providing training, outreach, education, and assistance.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health is the federal agency responsible for conducting research and making recommendations for the prevention of work-related injury and illness.